Thursday, January 30, 2014

COMFORT FOOD!!


  VEGETABLE BEEF AND NOODLES MINI POT PIES
DINNER FOR LESS THAN $4.00

   As I predicted, I did make the leftovers into mini pot pies...noodles and all. Talk about comfort food!! They were soooo good! Using my muffin pan, my leftover vegetabal beef and noodles and a recipe for easy pie crust I made these yummy-licious little gems. We decided after dinner that they would have been even more amazing smothered in gravy but, I think the double starch was bad enough for us for one night!

These were very filling! I could only eat 2 and even my hubby didn't have room for my leftover pot pie.
Easy Pie Crust  so easy, so good and only a few ingredients....
   This recipe made enough for 9 crusts, if you want to do tops or a full dozen just double up. I mixed mine in a bowl then made balls of dough that I pushed into my muffin pan. I baked the crusts alone for about 10 minutes then packed them full and baked about 15 more minutes. 

My yummy little pot pies before baking.
To get them out of the muffin pan I just placed cookie sheet on top and flipped it over! Some of them needed a little encouragement by tapping on the bottom of the pan with a spoon. Use a spatula to scoop them back up and flip over onto plate! 


TONIGHT'S GRAND TOTAL? 

LESS THAN $4.00 !!!

AND I AM FACTORING IN 3 
GLASSES OF MILK TO WASH IT DOWN!






No comments:

Post a Comment